This full day work workshop is designed to offer ambitious pre-medical students a holistic view of life as a doctor.
On our full day Discovery Day work experience course, you will learn clinical skills that you can use in your personal statement and interviews to demonstrate an understanding of what it is to be a doctor and your dedication to medicine.
• Registration and Introduction to the day
• Core values, attitudes and behaviours essential to being a doctor
• History taking role play
• Use of basic equipment i.e Sphygmometer, Pulse Oximeter
• Clinical examination (Resp and Cardiac) of real patient. Each candidate will be gifted their first stethoscope to take home!
• Performing ECG and interpretation
• Suturing and venepuncture stations
• Reading X rays
• Basic life support and Defibrillator training. Delivered by certified BLS instructor
• Emergency hospital Scenario
• Students given FREE access to our online post placement module that teaches them how to reflect on their experience. Giving them high chance of entry into medical school
All of our Discovery Session days are taught in small groups by a team of experienced, passionate medical students and doctors dedicated to increasing student awareness of the realities of a medical career path.